Monday, January 28, 2008

Sew, sew, sew

Surprise, surprise, Nona and Papi came to visit us this weekend (we love their visits, especially Farrah). They got in Friday night, and then on Saturday instead of doing our usual shopping trip we went over my parents house and had a relaxing time. The boys watched sports, and the girls decided to bake. We made amazing cookies and these oatmeal chocolate bars that were very delicious also. After the baking we (or maybe I) decided that i wanted to recover my pillows, so we recovered all 6 of my basement pillows. Then yesterday and today mom and I made a new valence for my kitchen and recovered my three main floor pillows (to match the valence) and then recovered one of two seat covers in my basement! So we got a lot accomplished! I am so happy because my basement pillows especially were in desperate need of recovering!

Adra started blowing bubbles about a week ago (which is so sweet). It is so fun to see the differences between Farrah and Adra. Farrah is a tough girl (although now she is learning how to fake cry and whine to get attention.....it really is cute!), and Adra is very tender hearted, she loves to be held all the time, and snuggled, and kissed, and when she gets mad, she gets really mad, and it sometimes takes a while to get her to calm down. Farrah is still very fond of her baby sister, she kisses and hugs all over her, it is so sweet. Farrah loves bath time, she asks to get baths all the time, and it is hard to get her out of the tub. Just this morning she was in the bath (for around an hour), and she didn't come out until unfortunately she pooped a little in the tub! Farrah also slammed her finger in a cupboard at my parents' house last week, and since then has made sure that a band-aide is constantly on that finger (even though now it is completely healed)

Josh is going to Mexico in February for 12 days, so Mom and I decided to go to Washington to see my Grandparents, who haven't seen Farrah since she was three months old (which is how old Adra is). I am so excited to go (I just hope Farrah will behave in the plane!)

Also I found out this morning that President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last night. It is so sad to lose such an amazing man, but it is comforting to know he is with his beloved wife now. He will never be forgotten.

Here is a video of Farrah when Nona and Papi got to our house (I didn't tell her they were coming, so she was really surprised). This is how she acts when Josh comes back from Mexico too, and sometimes when he gets home from work.



3 comments:

Janine said...

oh my goodness, I love that video! I keep trying to get the boys to get excited when Nick comes home from work, but they aren't anywhere near that level yet. How adorable!

Unknown said...

Oh how adorable!!! Kids have a way of making you feel so loved!!! Your little ones are so adorable!! I can't believe how big Adra is getting!!! Being a mommy is so fun!

Anonymous said...

Everytime I watch this video I catch myself just grinning from ear to ear. I feel so lucky to have your sweet little family to love.

Papi