The girls eating their kid sundae's at Graeter's Ice Cream Parlor.
This is a goose egg (right) that my mom found in our back yard.
Saturday we had a mini makeover day. We went to Ikea and bought curtains and curtain rods and a frame earlier in the week. Saturday we hung the curtains and I had to shorten all the curtains (12 in all because each panel had a liner) We worked all day, cleaning and makovering. It was fun but exhausting, but we really love the way it turned out! The picture that is over our chair is the poster Josh got from running The Pig half marathon....I love it!
My Farrah, what a beauty.
Sunday after church, we had lots of visitors. I LOVE IT! BC, Hope, Anabelle, Sam, Nona, Papi, Kirby, Jes, and Charlie all came for Memorial Day weekend. It was a blast. Here is what we did:
On Sunday we hung around the back yard and grilled out, Josh is getting really good at the grill. I love eating outside, and our patio gets all shaded in the evening, so it is perfect for eating dinner outside.
Adra sneaking cookies.
Uncle Birby (Anabelle and Farrah used to call Kirby that when he got home from his mission....I love it, and I think we should bring it back)
Seriously, no words.
The most beautiful group of babies ever!
Adra being shy.
Farrah showing off her princess dress.
Words can not express how much I love this picture. These girls love each other! Poor Anabelle was crying about something, and Adra just ran over to give her the sweetest hug.
Ain't nothin' sweeter then a fat country baby, eating watermelon off a hardwood floor.
Oh, Dax loved that watermelon.
These girls are so much fun! I love watching them all play together. Here they are all crowded around Nona's iPhone watching some little cartoon clips.
I had to post this video. This Kirby impersonating Adra. And yes we all look horrible because we had all been crying before this video was taken.
Kirby as Adra from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.
Monday our original plan was to go to Caesar's Creek beach, but we checked the weather and it was supposed to be in the low 70's with a chance of thunder storms, so we scratched that. We then decided to go to the train station, and when we go there we noticed a bunch of people gathered around. It was the Memorial Day parade (which we didn't know they did), so we found a spot, camped out and waited for the parade to begin. It was a really short parade, but perfect for the kids. It ended up being a beautiful hot day, so we could have easily gone to the beach, but I think this was way more fun.
Papi and Farrah. Too sweet.
Daxie man, Daxie man, doing what a Daxie man can (Josh and I sing that all the time).
Me and my baby girl.
I can not tell you how much I love that man!
Love them.
Man, we are a good lookin' bunch
My patriotic girls.
Nona with her Dax.
This child is just too gorgeous! So is the little toot standing behind her.
Adra watching the parade.
Farrah running back with candy....she is so happy.
Dax loved the marching band.
After the parade we headed to the train. We had many photo shoots.
Aren't these girls precious!
I love these boys!
My husband, enjoys to watch Hope eat chips and dip....strange, yes.....should I be worried, probably. Dax seems to share his father's weird obsession with watching Hope eat. Here is Dax watching Hope eat a sucker. Really it was so sweet, he just stared at her with this little smile on his face. So sweet.
Dax is so big, and sweet, and handsome, and I love him so much! Seriously, couldn't you just eat that sweet face!
Kirby is sexy.
I love my family so much!
Some more of those sweet girls! My girls kept calling the train, The Dinosaur Train (PBS show), and then Anabelle got scared because she thought there was a dragon inside the train.
What a doll! We had to start bribing the children with candy so they would smile for the camera.
This was the last picture of the kids....they were hot and exhausted, and so the smiles were a little lacking. I can just hear them thinking, "Really Nona, another picture!"
After the train we headed home. We had the guys (well Papi mostly) grilled us up some lunch. We got the sprinkler out and the kids had fun playing in the water.
Anabelle kept pretending she was dead or passed out....Adra was copying her.
Papi and Daxie
Sweet.
Looks like trouble to me.
Dax was in Heaven while eating that popscicle.
Yes, he ate the whole thing, and yes it stained his face, arms, and tummy. It was worth it, I am sure he would agree.
Everyone is now gone, and we are sad.
I have to give a shout out to Jes, who took most of these pictures.....thanks for letting me steal them.



4 comments:
ahh the pictures are so great! jes is so good. we miss you guys! your kids are so beautiful!
As always, I love your posts. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!
you had to mention graeters.........I am in dire need of some graeters right about now.
Hey Chelsea, I heard about Josh leaving, Nori was sad about that, it's a huge lost for them. BUT....BUT....we are so glad for him (& you all) though, being able to find something that he will enjoy to do. Good luck in his future, hope we will run into each other somewhere up north here...(I would think by now, we should have ran into each other somewhere in grocery stores or park...^_^) take care. Enjoy all your photos, your kids are growing up fast and they are so cute. You & Josh are great parent.
Post a Comment