Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Money money money money Money

Dental bills are horrible!  I went to the dentist yesterday, I had two fillings (I think) and one sealant replaced.  Guess how much that cost me.......$253!   That is the estimate of what insurance is not going to cover.  My jaw dropped when the receptionist stated that number, I mean we have dental insurance!!!! (I know that is a lot less then what you recently paid Janine, so I shouldn't be complaining too much).  I also grind my teeth and and need a teeth guard, which costs $350!  Yeah, so that is not happening anytime soon....I will just keep on grinding.  Next week is Adra's appointment and I will have to give them almost $400!  I am just so frustrated by all this money that is flying out of our bank account.  To top things off, when I was driving home from church on Sunday, my car started overheating.  It turns out that there was no coolant in the car at all.  This is not a natural occurrence!  We filled it up with coolant and it runs fine, but there is apparently a small leak somewhere that needs to be fixed......and that will cost more money.  Why is it that all of these things are occurring in on weeks time!!!  Anyone what to gift us $1000?  Anyone?????
Sorry this is just one big rant, but I am frustrated, and I don't think my babies will understand what I am talking about, so you get to read it! Thanks.

I will post pictures soon.



Just so you know....we are fine financially....I just hate it when a bunch of unexpected payments are due all at the same time.  I just wanted to complain to you, but we can pay our bills, it just means less money for fun stuff (or paying off student loans)

3 comments:

The JWilli's: It's About to Get Real said...

I hate unexpected bills!!! We've had very similar issues this year, if that puts your mind at ease! I had to have two cavities filled this year which was about $160 after insurance. I also had an unexpected visit to the ER which left me with my $1500 deductible (yikes) and a still pending $600 bill for an out-of-network ER doctor! SO shady!

Anyways, I have GOOD news for you! I also grind my teeth at night, severely, and was told I needed to buy a custom made $350 mouth guard. He also suggested using one from CVS first. The brand is DenTek and they're Custom Comfort Nightguards. It's a 2-pack and I believe it was around $30. I originally bought them back in March and my first one is still going strong!
Also- did I mention the thing that sent me over on my old car, prompting a new car purchase, was the fact that it overheated?? That was just the end of a long line of problems with it, but I'm just saying..... ; )

Sorry for the long post, but I totatlly relate!! Love ya!!

Ali and Bryan Packard said...

Yeah Chelsea dentists really stick it to you. I didn't know how much all of that treatment was until I started working in an office. It's ridiculous! Don't worry though, when Bryan's a dentist you guys can come see us for free!:) I promise it will be worth your drive. Just hold out for another 4 years and you should be good to go.

Childress Family said...

Thanks Jill and Ali!
Jill - I got one of those over the counter mouth guards too, I just need to start using it!
Ali - We will so drive to see Bryan (and you!) when he is officially a dentist!