This past week we walked to the park with our friends Joyelle and Chris. The weather last week was perfect park weather, no humidity and high 70's, low 80's. Unfortunately we found a bunch of broken beer bottles....punk kids!
Here is Dax's first brussel sprout...he loved it!
Sprouts from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.
Fall is just around the corner. I love fall, everything about it makes me so happy. We made a Fall Bucket List (I will have to take a picture of it and post it), because there are so many fun things to do in the Fall. I got my fall decorations out and put a few things up already. One thing I love about Fall is baking, so I decided to bake some bread, nothing smells better then homemade bread!
I signed the kids up for the Library Summer Reading program last week (I procrastinated), and we finished it on the 28th. Here are Farrah and Dax sporting their earned T-shirts. They also earned pencils, sunflower seeds, pots to plant the seeds and a water bottle. Pretty nice right! Adra was napping during our photo shot.
Dax got a sink bath, which hasn't happened in awhile.
We went to Jungle Jim's this week and we got lots of fun food. We got to look at some very interesting things there too, including pig, cow, and sheep heads. Joshua took the kids to the grocery store (yes he is amazing), because I had a migraine, and Farrah told him, "Daddy I am still thinking about the heads, I want to think about a rabbit, I am trying to think about rabbits, but I am just thinking about the heads". We may have scared her for life.
Here is Dax enjoying our watermelon.
We bought a coconut. The girls were so excited!
First we poked a hole in the coconut and drank the delicious juice.
Then we cracked the "nut" (which is what the girls called it) in half.
I have never had fresh coconut before, but it was amazing. No one else liked it, so I ate the whole thing. It was really hard to get the meat out though. I think it took me like two hours to eat it.
The girls are good spots, and tried the "nut".
Adra had her first Dentist appointment on Monday. Here she is waiting in the lobby.
I was very sad to find out she has 8 cavities. Yes you read that right, 8. I started crying in the dentist office. The dentist told me that Adra will have to go to a pediatric dentist and be put to sleep to get her teeth fixed. More tears! She has an appointment on the 9th, so we will see what happens, I really, really, really do not want her to go under to get her teeth fixed. I will keep you updated.
And just so you know, I do brush my kids teeth twice a day. And no they don't eat candy all day long. My Dentist asked me all those questions and made me feel like a horrible mom!
We went to the pool on Monday night. The outside pool is going to close soon, so we wanted to go one more time. Farrah totally learned how to swim, I just wish I remembered to take my camera.
Farrah wanted to play with chalk, and we were all out, so I made some chalk. Equal parts cornstarch and water with food coloring. The girls had fun painting the driveway.
We usually play in the back yard but there was this amazingly big spider on the back patio. I sprayed it with bug spray, but I couldn't pick it up to throw away, so I waited for Joshua to come home. Turns out I didn't have to wait, Adra picked up the spider and flushed it down the toilet. My brave girl.



2 comments:
just love those pics, gee kids are getting so big. I can't believe Adra picked up that hugh spider (gave me the willys), such a sweetheart. Miss you all so much and really really lonely since your folks left. Need to see those kiddys before they get much bigger and need to see my favorite granddaughter too .(Josh you too). Love & Misses, have a great time in Calie, close too us but not close enough.
Oh man!!! That spider is nasty!!! Blech!!! She is very brave!!!!! I'm so sorry about Adra's teeth! You do better than me- we only get Lilly's teeth brushed once a day. I would have cried too. And it's quite possible that I will when we take Lils. Not looking forward to it!!! Miss you all!!! Hope you have an awesome vacation to Cali!!!!
Post a Comment