Friday morning we packed up the boat and headed down to Norris Lake with my parents. We arrived at our destination around 4pm, to get to the house we had to (well dad had to) maneuver the boat through many very narrow roads that had a lot of twists and turns. Once we got to the driveway of the cabin they rented they decided to drive the boat down the almost vertical driveway! Of course it didn't work our very well. A piece of the boat trailer got caught on the driveway, making lots of noise and scratches in the driveway. Josh and my dad worked for a long time and tried tons of different ways to back the boat up the impossibly steep and curvy driveway....mom and I were very nervous for them (so nervous that I didn't take any pictures of the event!) Anyways they got the boat up the drive after much effort (leaving big scratches and dents in the driveway. Dad and Josh then left to find the boat ramp (which we came to find out was nothing more then a really, really steep, narrow driveway (surprise, surprise!) Josh drove the boat to our dock (and only got lost once....the lake is big with lots of coves and is rather confusing). Once Josh got back, we packed up some stuff, got the girls ready and went for a boat ride. The guys found a cove that had a fish attractor in it (according to my dad's gps), they fished and fished, and didn't even get a bite (poor Joshua). There were a lot of bats though. We then came home got ready for bed and hit the sack (somewhere around 1am)
Adra biting moms chin...that one little tooth can HURT!
Saturday we spent the day on the boat. This lake is so beautiful, and there were hardly any other boats out. I got to drive the boat and it was a lot of fun, and not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Farrah also drove the boat (making mommy and daddy really nervous!), she liked to drive in circles....she had so much fun (I have a video of her driving below!). We went to a Marina for lunch, it was delicious and we had a beautiful view while we ate. Joshua and Dad wakeboarded, and Mom slalom skied. I didn't do anything that day because after lunch I had a horrible (I mean horrible) allergy attack, my eyes were itching like crazy and burned, and I couldn't think about getting in the water. We came back to the dock to do some more fishing. Josh caught a bluegill, but that was it. Adra did some fishing too, but didn't have any luck.
Farrah is driving!
Farrah drives the boat! from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.
Sequoya Marina!
Lunch Time
Daddy catching some air!
Farrah is sleepy!
Adra loves to fish with Daddy
Sunday was spent on the boat as well. We fished some more today and I caught a bluegill! When we got back to the house later in the day mom and I both felt like we were still rocking! We found two scorpions at the house too!
Grandpa wakeboarding!
Grandma skiing!
Farrah's sweet feet!
Monday we packed up and left....it was such a fun weekend.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Norris Lake
Posted by
Childress Family
at
9:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love Adra's Life Vest^.^
I guess thats what you call that Bag kind of thing.........
NK
Post a Comment