Thursday, October 9, 2008

A quick note

Yesterday I decided it was time to move Adra out of our room and into Farrah's room. With the help of my mom, and then Josh (once he got home from work) we rearranged Farrah's room and moved Adra's crib in there. Adra's crib is the one that turns into a toddler bed, so we had the girls switch cribs also. Farrah was a little reluctant giving up her crib to her little sister, but finally agreed. We haven't changed Farrah's new crib into a toddler bed yet, we are going to give it a couple weeks. The girls woke up very early this morning, but it was mostly because Josh had to wake up really early this morning, and they heard him get in the shower. Other then that, both girls slept all night long. It took a little longer for them to fall asleep, because Farrah decided to read a book in her crib out loud to Adra. We just shut their door and they gradually feel asleep....no kicking or screaming. We were prepared for sleepless nights last night, but the girls did great! Since we were moving stuff around we decided to move our bedroom around, and we really like the outcome. Of course today I need to finish cleaning the rooms and putting everything away. Once I get it all clean I will take some pictures and post them.

Potty training is going great! Farrah goes to the bathroom all by herself already! She only had one accident Monday, and one yesterday. Her accidents are just pee accidents, but once she starts going, she stops herself and calls for me, and we rush her to the potty so she can finish, so there really aren't any messes that I have had to clean up. She loves her big girl panties, and wants to take them off and put them on all by herself. At night she still gets a diaper, and unfortunately she wakes up with a very pee filled diaper, but I know the sleeping through the night without going potty takes time. I am just so excited that she is doing so great during the day. The hardest part is keeping Adra out of the bathroom. I have to leave the doors open so that Farrah can go in there and use the potty, but Adra loves to go in there and play in the toilet water. That little toot holds up the toilet lid with one hand and then plays in the water with the other.....I am always horrified when I find her doing this! Farrah can open doors, but the bathroom downstairs kind of sticks so I have to leave it open, otherwise Farrah can't push it open.
So Farrah just had an accident, and this time she peep a lot, so I just had my big mess to clean up. I attribute this accident to her being really tired, she has been up for two hours (it is now 8:30am) and she usually wakes up after 8am.
Well I guess that is all for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah potty training...I can't believe Farrah is that big already!!! I know I'm redundent, but TIME GOES TOO FAST!!!! I love the video with Farrah dancing!!! So fun!!!