I have a few pictures to post before we get to the wedding pics. Here is our play room, which seems to be in a constant state of disarray, because not only does it hold their toys but all of my kid craft stuff (I have a lot of craft stuff). Last weekend I was disgusted and ready to tackle the room. It took all day (I still have 3 kids that occasionally need me). Here is what it looked like soon after I started.
10 hours later (maybe more) I was done. I am not 100% done, but pretty close. It looks a lot better, and is really organized.
The girls were so excited to see their clean play room. Farrah said, "I will never do that again Mommy"....meaning she will never let the play room get that messy again. She has been a good little cleaner since then, she likes the look of her playroom when it is all clean, so she cleans up after she is playing (most of the time).
Two Saturday's ago we went back to Caesar's Creek beach with some friends. It was such a beautiful day, and the water was the perfect temperature.
The girls did not want to leave! They swam and played in the sand, and could have stayed their all day!
Friday Joshua took a half a day off work to head down to Nashville for Kirby and Jes's wedding. I tried my hardest to keep Dax awake, so he could sleep in the car....I failed.
Friday night we went out to dinner with both sides of the family, grown ups only. There were a ton of us (I think 29 in total!). It was so fun having a group dinner without children, that NEVER happens!
After dinner we went back to Jes's house (where our kids were) and we had a little memory session, where we each got to share a memory or some advice to the soon to be married couple. We didn't get home till almost 2am!
Adra and Dax at the hotel, trying to take a nap. Luckily we got my parents to stay in our adjoining room. The kids loved having Grandma and Grandpa right next door. Thanks for all the help Mom and Dad!
Dax and Daddy, my two handsome men.
The boys
Anabelle was not to happy about having to get her picture taken....I don't blame her it was like a million degrees outside, and not to mention nap time!
Adra trying to make Anabelle feel better.
Aubrey, Charlie, Anabelle, Farrah and Adra. Beautiful!
Grandma and Dax outside the temple....it was HOT outside.
The newlyweds!
The "old" couples :-)
My beautiful family!
After the wedding we had a few hours to kill before the reception so we went out to dinner. Here Farrah is putting "make up" (crayons) on Anabelle. The girls are so sweet, I love when they get to be together.
FEED ME!
Uncle Kirby!
I didn't take any pictures at the reception, but I will get pictures from my parents soon and will post them.
We had such an amazing weekend. Can I just say that Nashville is amazingly beautiful, we would be happy if we ended up living there someday. The weather, although hot, was so beautiful. We had frequent conversations this weekend about this luckily being the last wedding in our family. To be honest, weddings are stressful, especially when you have little ones, but they are so much fun, and now that it is over I am sad that Kirby is the last. We had so much fun, and the babies did amazing, not only on the drive but the whole weekend they were just so "go with the flow". I can not say enough how happy we all are for Kirby and Jes, they are perfect for each other, and we love them both dearly.
Added note:
Dax has never been a kisser, he just head bumps you instead of giving you a kiss. Last night he started giving Joshua kisses. This morning he gave me a bunch of kisses when I asked him, and then he gave the girls kisses too.....The girls were SO excited!
Quotes:
Adra on the way to Nashville (the girl like to talk, especially when she is in her car seat, and she just says whatever she can think of!)
"I want to see Jesus, I want to see Jesus, I want to see Jesus. When I see Jesus I am going to sing like this 'Sing, sing sing'." Then she started singing, "I am going to see Jesus, I am going to see Jesus"
On the way home,
"I am mad at you and I am going to yell, I am going to yell with my ears. I can't take my ears away from me because I am going to yell with my ears. Don't take my ears away from me!"
I don't get it!
I wish I could remember all of them....she says lots of funny stuff while in the car.
We passed Dinosaur World, and they have a big dinosaur by the sign.
Farrah, "I want to see the the dinosaur, but he will eat us if we go see it."
Monday, July 19, 2010
Wedding Weekend
Posted by
Childress Family
at
8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
ooooh! they look so good!!!!!! yay Kirby and jes!
Your photos are always so fabulous! I love the girls' matching dresses :)
Post a Comment