The girls like to get into trouble....here is how I found Adra the other day. As well as painting her face with lipstick she also decided the carpet needed some too (after some major scrubbing I finally got the stain out!). We are getting the condo ready to sell, which means packing up most of our stuff, and trying to make the condo look like a model home. The girls like to help me pack (see below).
We had a four day weekend, but in reality it felt like a normal length weekend....I can't believe how fast it went by. It started Friday morning when we headed to Kentucky to visit Joshua's family. Molly had a gig down there, so we got to see her preform. The girls love watching their Aunt.
Here is a video of one of Molly's songs....if you don't know she writes all her own. This song is definitely a favorite of mine, because it is about her nieces and as of now one nephew. Sorry the camera work and sound quality isn't better. The line that says "I knew I loved you when I heard you cry behind the door" is a reference to when Farrah was born. Farrah is the oldest of all the cousins. A lot of Joshua and my family were at the hospital when she was born. Joshua and my mom were the only ones in the room when she was born but there were some family members (including Molly) listening at the door as I was pushing (for two hours!) and heard her long awaited first beautiful cry. (I am just crying thinking about it.....how special!). My girls are so lucky to have Molly in their life. I struggle to listen to this song without crying, it is so beautiful.
Molly Dee from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.
The girls love their cousin Noah.
Sam and Uncle Josh
Saturday Joshua went fishing with Grandad, and his dad. They left at 5am and did not get home till almost 2pm. He had a blast, and they caught a ton of fish! - 30 to be exact. Adra and Farrah were so excited to see their daddy, but they were also so excited to see the fish! Adra reached right in the bucket and picked one up, she just loved it, what a kid. Farrah touched the fish, but wouldn't pick one up.
Happy girl
Her hair looks so great now....I love it! Thanks Angie.
Saturday night we left Kentucky and headed to Indiana. We went to church Sunday morning and then Sunday after church we had an amazing fish fry, thanks to Joshua and Clyde for catching all of them.....they were delicious!
Sunday night we went on a fun tractor ride, I wish I would have brought my camera. We had fun singing Primary songs (the grown ups had more fun then the kids).
Monday was unfortunately rainy on and off all day, so our plans to go to the nature park and the sprinkler park didn't happen. We had fun playing around the house, the boys played corn hole, and thanks to Nona and Papi's new fenced in patio, we were able to relax knowing the girls couldn't run away from us.
Here are the girls having an herbal tea party
Adra pouting
Playing in the pool
Even though the girls couldn't escape outside, they often would escape back in the house. We noticed Adra was missing, and we found that she went back in Nona and Papi's room where Kirby was sleeping and snuggled up with him.
We got home late Monday night to find our house greatly improved. My parents worked on the condo this weekend, putting up new light fixtures, painting, and weeding. Just a little more to do and the house will be ready to be put on the market!



No comments:
Post a Comment