Wednesday, June 24, 2009

DAX!

Well what a surprise.....little Dax Winfield Childress is home with us. I was scheduled to be induced on the 30th, but to my surprise Monday morning at 7:15 while laying in bed my water broke. Honestly I never thought I would experience anything like that, since both my girls were induced. I jumped up and ran to the shower, scared out of my mind! Joshua was out running at the time and I didn't get ahold of him until 7:45. We both hurried and got ready, and I packed a little suitcase and we were out the door. We arrived at the hospital at 9am and by 9:30 I was in bed and they started the Pitocin. My doctor was on call all weekend and was still at the hospital and insisted on staying until the baby was born. They upped my Pitocin every 20 minutes to get the labor going quickly. At 1:45 I got my epidural, which of course helped with the pain, but I could feel the contractions and move my legs (which I prefer). Around four the doctor came in to check me and I was at a 6/7 but the baby was still high, so she lowered my epidural significantly. Two contractions later and I was feeling a ton of pressure, so the doctor came back in and I was ready to push....they just had to prep everything, and the doctor had to change. I had two more contractions that made me want to push so bad, but they told me not to! Then in two more contractions Dax was here! I luckily didn't have to be cut and I didn't tear at all.....which has made my recovery amazing. Dax (although not named yet) came out and they placed him on my tummy to clean him off. I got to hold him for a long time and then they weighed him, 6 lbs 13 ounces, and 20inches long. I then got to nurse him, and then they gave him a sponge bath right in the room. It was so nice, with both of the girls they took them away from me soon after they were born to get them cleaned up, but Dax never left my sight. I got to hold him on my way to the recovery room too. He is so precious.....just perfect. Joshua and I really struggled with names, but Joshua wanted to name him before he went home Monday night, so we decided on Dax Winfield Childress. I am so happy and lucky. The labor and delivery was just perfect, no complications at all and we are so blessed with a very healthy beautiful baby boy!











Tuesday morning little Dax was circumcised....he was such a trooper!





Proud sisters. Adra kept saying, "my baby, my baby, my baby Sam". The girls both keep calling him Sam, which is so sweet. They on occasion are calling him Dax now, and I love the way they say it. Farrah is so sweet with him, she kept whispering to him, "It's ok baby, I have you" and "I love you so much sweet baby"...she is going to be a great big sister. Adra is a little rough, she really likes to grab or try to grab his face, but she also gives him sweet kisses too. I have such a beautful family!


How perfect is he?!


We left the hospital around 1pm today. His discharge weight was 6lbs 8ounces.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness he looks so tiny and perfect! I love that big dimply grin on Farrah's face.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations to the Childress Family!
NK

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! He is so beautiful!!! You forget fast so fast how tiny they are in the beginning!!! Chelsea you look so pretty in the hospital photo!!!! Love you all!!!!

Kambayashi said...

Hi Dax, welcome!!

Love the photo of the girls holding him, so cute. The little brother is going to be spoiled by the sis. Chelsea, u really didn't look tired at all in the hospital photo...^_^ Congratulation.

Sabrina