Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas tree

More Craft time. The girls are really enjoying craft time (most of the time anyways). I am trying to make sure I do not interfere or correct their crafts. As you can see below Adra was very creative with her snowman, and although I wanted to put all the pieces in the right place, I resisted. She had a lot of fun.

Of course Farrah is older and her attention span is a lot longer then Adra's. She did her snowman all on her own too, and was very proud of it. I have different places in their playroom where I display their art, and they love to look at it, and you can tell that they feel proud of themselves.

Our Thankful tree is done (there was a lot more leaves on it, but before I took the picture Farrah started taking them off). We had a lot of fun thinking of different things we were thankful for. I think it was a great way for the girls to understand Thanksgiving better.

Off went the leaves and on went the ornaments. It took me a long time to cut out and paint this tree, so I wanted to keep it up as long as possible. I decided to make it an advent tree. Each day we flip an ornament over and on the back side is a scripture that relates to Christmas.

We made necklaces, and I was so proud of Adra, she did a really great job. I didn't think she would be able to string those little beads but she she did great. Farrah made a necklace, and then we just played with the beads, and sorted them by color.

This week was "C" week, and although I didn't take any pictures we did a lot of "c" related things. First I had the girls color a big letter "C" and then made it into a caterpillar. We made "C" shaped chocolate chip cookies. We ate popCorn and played with corn kernels, and using tissue paper we colored (with glue) an ear of corn. And we listened to a lot of Christmas music (which we would have done anyway)

We finally got our tree. We got a live tree this year, which I love, but I hated that we had to wait so long to get it! We went on Thursday, and we have the lights on, but we haven't decorated it yet. The girls are still not used to the time change, and pass out around 7pm, so they didn't even see the tree fully lit until the next day. Luckily for them (not for us) they wake up way before the sun comes out, so they could appreciate the full affect of the lights Friday morning. While we were putting the lights on the tree, the children were falling asleep while watching Charlie Brown Christmas (LOVE that movie!)

We had our ward Christmas party yesterday and it was so much fun. They gave everyone coins and we went to the market and got to buy little toys and lots of good period food. Then they acted out the nativity story. They did an amazing job and transformed the culteral hall at the church. We all got dressed up (sorry I never got a picture of Joshua and I), which is always fun. The girls were a little grumpy and out of it, because it was their bed time, plus everyone was dressed up, which kind of weired them out, but they had fun and loved buying things.


Funny things about the kids

Every morning when Joshua goes in the bathroom to take a shower Adra always asks, ,"Where's my daddy go" like a hundred times.

Farrah told Dax, "I love digging my nose."

When Dax is crying the girls usually go and hug him and say, "It's ok, mommy's here, mommy's got you."

To Farrah any time in the past is referred to as "yesterday", whether it happened weeks ago, or minutes. For example today she got in trouble for doing something, while we were in the car, and once we got home she gave me her upset face and said, "You were mad at me yesterday."

After daddy burped, Adra pretended to burp and then said, "excuse me"

Here is a video of our Monkey Child

Monkey Child from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.

No comments: