The chore chart is working great. Farrah is starting to clean up after herself, without me having to remind her. Farrah has earned two prizes, and Adra has earned one. They are so proud of themselves every time they earn a star. Farrah and Adra both love to vacuum the kitchen now, whenever I get out the sweeper, they ask if they can do it!
We had an interesting lunch yesterday. I found the "recipe" here. Farrah had fun making them. I cut up the a couple hot dogs, and gave the girls some spaghetti, and told them what to do. Adra decided to munch on a piece of hot dog instead.
This is how they turned out. I don't think I could eat them, but the girls enjoyed them. Farrah pulled out all the noodles and ate them first and then ate the hot dogs.
We FINALLY painted our applesauce ornaments. They were so easy to make. Mine were 1/2 cup of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of applesauce. Roll out the dough on wax paper and use cookie cutters (the girls did that part). I let them air dry for 3-4 days.
I love making bread, but have yet to find the "perfect" recipe. When I do I will post it. This was a classic white bread. And it was good, but I know I can find better.
Turned out a little lopsided, but still delicious.
We had Chicken and rice soup for dinner, which paired very well with the bread.
The soup is really easy to make. I got the recipe here, I added a small chopped onion to the chicken before I cooked them. I didn't serve it with the tortillas (I had bread), cheese and sour cream like it suggests. It was delicious!
I am trying to get a little more organized....and here is one of my attempts. Below is a picture of how I had my fabric stored. That tub weighs a lot, and is placed on a shelf above my washer and dryer, so it was very hard for me to get it down.....Joshua was usually needed. Also, I have to empty out the tub usually to find the fabric I need. So I found a solution...
It is kind of hard to see but there are better pictures here. They used these shelves for scrapbook paper, but I modified it to work for my fabric. It uses those storage "blocks" that college kids use a lot (they are from my college days). Using zip ties I "installed" shelves.
Now here is my fabric all organized and easily accessible. Instead of having to take down the entire tub, I can just grab whatever fabric I need. Now if only I had time to do a little sewing! What I love about these shelves too, is that I can expand it if I need it bigger. Click on the picture to make it bigger.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
What's for dinner?
Posted by
Childress Family
at
7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment