First you have to go here and check out this picture of the girls. We got all the kids pictures taken at The Red Door Studio, and they posted a picture of Adra and Farrah on their blog (under Sweetness)
Below is a picture of Dax (I already have it in a frame, that is why there is a glare) isn't it just beautiful! What a handsome little guy.
I found an old bag of cotton balls, and decided they would be fun to play with and do crafts with...so that is what we have been doing the last couple of weeks.
First we cooked with them. The girls have their own play kitchen with tons of accessories to go with it, but it is extra fun for them when I let them play with the real stuff.
There was a little fight over the tongs. Adra loved transfering the cotton balls into the pots using the tongs....Farrah noticed how much fun Adra was having, and wanted tongs too (so I gave my salad tongs, which were just as much fun!). This ended up being their favorite cotton ball activity.
These are a bit out of order....these next pictures are from this morning. Farrah woke up this morning and told me that she had a dream about a snowman, so I asked her if she wanted to do another snowman craft, and of course she did. I quickly got all the supplies needed to make cotton ball snowmen.
Farrah did hers all by herself! Adra still needs help with the gluing, but she did a lot of it by herself too!
We added googly eyes (Farrah's favorite!) and the used pom poms for the buttons and nose.
Earlier in the week we decided to paint with cotton balls. I cut out a snowflake for each girl and taped it to a piece a paper. I then gave them a little bowl of white paint and a cotton ball and let them go to town. This craft was really messy, even almost too messy for Adra. It required several cotton balls each, and they started losing interest, but...
they were very excited to see their picture when I lifted off the snowflake.
I printed off this picture of Santa here and we used glue and cotton balls to give him a beard. I was then going to let the girls color him in, but they didn't want to.
All of these were done with one bag of cotton balls (and I still have some left!).....lots of fun for not much money!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Cotton Balls!
Posted by
Childress Family
at
11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment