We have still been sick....I know......it really is ridiculous! Josh was in Mexico all last week. Of course midday last Monday (after thinking that the sicknesses had all passes) I got really sick. Luckily my mom came over, because I was just miserable. Monday also brought a snow storm, so my Mom offered for us to stay at her house, because Josh and Dad were both out of town, so thats what we did. We packed up our stuff and mom drove us over to her house, and we got snowed in for two nights. While we were there we made Valentine's.....it was fun and messy. I brought my heart cookie cutters and some red sand I got on clearance for like 20 cents each at Ikea. We dipped the cookie cutters in glue and then sprinkled the red sand on it. Farrah especially loved doing this. Adra loved just squirting the glue all over the paper, and then pouring the sand on it. Mom took Farrah to play out in the snow, but it was too deep to really have any fun, plus it was extrememly cold. Luckily my bug didn't last as long as our previous one, I was all better by Wednesday.
(The picture below doesn't really show what I just described. I didn't get any pictures of the "good" valentines. Farrah was just squirting a bunch of glue int his picture and pouring sand on it, like Adra was doing)
Dax likes to nap. He is crawling all over the place, and climbing up on stuff. He is such a cutie.
Wednesday we went home, and I honestly can't remember what we did for the rest of the week. We just stayed inside and hibernated. The girls had little moments when they felt sick again, so we did a lot of relaxing. Josh came home on Friday, and we were so happy to see him. Our original plan was to head to Indiana when Josh got home, so we could spend the long weekend there, but with me being sick I wasn't packed, and our van was snowed into the garage. We talked about it Friday night, and around 8pm decided we would leave early in the morning and head to Indiana. We stayed up late packing, and Josh shoveled the driveway. We were on the road at 7am the next morning. Of course I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures of our trip. We had a fun time at Nona and Papi's house. Papi and Josh made the girls a snow fort, which they loved. And Josh took me and the kids on a couple rides in the Kabota, which was fun. Sunday night they got like 6 inches of snow. Clyde had to plow the drive for us. We left around 3pm (I think) and it was the worst ride home ever! We pretty much followed the path that the snow storm went. By the time we got past Louisville all the roads were completely covered in snow. You couldn't see the lanes, and cars were sliding off the road. It was horrible! Joshua luckily is a fantastic driver, and he got us home safely. The only time we got stuck was on our driveway, but our nice neighbor saw us and came to our rescue. The driveway had about a foot of snow on it, but he was able to finally get it in the garage.
Here is a picture of our icicles.
Luckily Joshua got a snow day yesterday.....we were so delighted!
We ordered a bunk bed (which came with two free mattresses!) for the girls and while Joshua was in Mexico it was delivered. Tuesday morning we put the bunk bed together (it also has a trundle bed!). The girls LOVE it so much, and it makes their room so much bigger. Right now they are sharing the bottom bunk. Adra took a 3.5 hour nap in it yesterday, and the girls slept amazing in it last night.....no one got up in the middle of the night! We are very happy. They also love to play in and on the bunk bed. I am so glad we got it!
The bed ready for them to sleep in it.
Their little reading corner.
Their dresser (and fishies!)
Their dress up chest and mirror.
Sorry I haven't taken hardly any pictures lately......now that we are all feeling much better (except for Dax, he has a terrible cold), I will try and take more pictures.
Cute thing Adra says:
She calls Cinderella, "Princess come true" - I just love it!
She has also been singing this Yo Gabba Gabba song lately, "Keep trying, keep trying. Don't give up, don't give up." it is precious!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
BUNK BEDS!
Posted by
Childress Family
at
8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love the bunks!! I know what you mean about this bug. Anabelle had it on Saturday night and last night Sammy was up with it. We have disinfected everything and washed all the sheets and now he's sick. Who's going to be next?
Post a Comment