Monday, February 8, 2010

We have been crazy sick!!

We have been really really really sick, so I haven't had time to update the blog, I have been cleaning up throw up and diarrhea for over a week now. We are finally over the stomach bug finally, but somehow have caught a cold (even though we have be quarantined in this house for like 2 weeks). Before we got sick we started doing a week about rain (at that time it was raining a lot here). Below Adra is making a cloud with lightning and rain.

I made some yummy chocolate covered pretzels. We bought a ton of chocolate bricks for the fondue party new years eve, but they never got used, so I am trying to find ways to use them up. This was a good little snack.

Farrah was at the library with Grandma when Adra and I made the cloud picture, so when she came home she wanted to make one too. Farrah even cut out the cloud. She is getting so good at doing crafts all by herself, mommy doesn't have to help her at all anymore.

Dax likes to climb into things.

We found this craft here, it is an octopus fishing game. Farrah loved creating all the faces.

I found this umbrella craft here. First we colored with crayons and then we did water paints over it.


We then talked a lot about rainbows, and read all of our Noah's Ark books (I think we have around 10). I found this craft here, thee girls loved it, because they love getting their hand traced.

Dax learned to sit up on his own two weeks ago, and last week started pulling himself in the standing position all by himself. He falls a lot, but is persistent.

January 28th was when the sickness hit us. Joshua and I were up all night with the girls, and they were up throwing up. We changed a ton of sheets and pjs. That continued for the next week and a half. We were stuck in the house. We do a couple little activities, because even thought the girls were sick, they also got bored, so they needed some entertaining. I think I got sick on Monday and was sick the whole week. I moved their playroom TV into their room, to try and get them to rest and sleep as much as possible. The best way to get them to lay still is to put a movie on for them.

I found this craft here. We painted a piece of paper with vinegar, and then placed a lot of tissue paper hearts (which I cut the night before). We let the paper dry and then took the tissue paper off the paper, which was supposed to have the tissue bleed on the paper.....didn't work, but they had fun with it.

Josh did a craft with the girls, and they made this craft. They had fun doing something crafty with their daddy.

We also made these heart music makers found here. They first painted paper plates, and then waited for them to dry.

Back to the rainbow activities, we made a rainbow cookie found here. Farrah loved helping me make this, she even cracked the eggs.

We mixed all the colors.

And made a huge rainbow cookie.

Here is the finished heart music maker. Adra made one too. We found some red, pink and white things to put in them (I dyed popcorn kernels red).

We then made a rainbow with the dots found here. Adra just put the dots all over the place, but Farrah did made a real rainbow with it.

We played with play dough. We first played with white and red play dough, and mixed them together to make pink. I then took out my heart cookie cutters, and we made play dough cookies.

Here are the hearts that Farrah made.

Dax and Farrah snuggling together.

Poor little sick baby boy.

Yummy biter biscuit! That was his first one, and he loved it.

Even though we were still recovering from all our illnesses, we went over my parents for the super bowl party last night. I made Stromboli (pictured below), spinach and artichoke dip, meatballs, boneless wings and pecan pie. We all were in a food coma all afternoon and night!

We took a short break from eating and went out to play in the snow. Here Dax is getting all bundled up to go outside. We had fun sledding. As soon as we went outside Dax fell asleep in our arms. He is a sweet toot. Farrah had so much fun sledding. Adra was grumpy and sleepy and didn't want to sled at all, she just walked around and tried to convince us to go back inside.


It seems like we are all having colds now.....hopefully we will be healthy again soon.

Even though they are sick they are still funny.
"Mom I am getting big, and so I can drink Diet Coke soon!" - Farrah

"I am going downstairs to get marshmallows" she pauses to think, "I am not going to eat them, I am going to decorate for you mom." - Adra (she is a smart little cookie!)

While justifying getting a cookie "but mom it's my birthday" - Adra

Here are some lyrics to some songs Farrah made up.....I think we have a mini Molly!
"I give you my heart on the streets of town".....a little later "When it dies you will throw it away and get a new one"

Farrah's prayer this morning,
"Thank you for the food, the blessings, the movies we get to watch, Adra, and the table so I can eat my eggs"

No comments: