Thursday, October 29, 2009

Unexpected Post

So I decided I would load my pictures on my computer so I would have enough room on the memory card to take lots of pictures and video for Halloween....and I was surprised by how many pictures were on there, so I am going to do a quick post.

The girls painted some little pumpkins


Adra thought it would be more fun to paint her face. Here is a picture of Farrah trying to clean her face off.

painting from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.


We had some really pretty days last week, so the kids and I walked (they rode, I walked) to the big park.


dax on swing from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.


I got a recipe for salt dough out of this months Family Fun magazine. It uses natural ingredients to color the dough. I did pink, which uses hot beet juice, and orange which uses paprika and hot water. I was really pleased with the pink dough, it turned out to a beautiful color. I was afraid because it had beet juice in it that it would stair their hands, but it didn't.


Here is my handsome little boy after church on Sunday

On Monday we did muffin tin meal. There is a blog dedicated to doing meals in muffin tins on Monday's. We tried it out, and Farrah just loved it. We did hot dogs, string cheese, grapes and pretzels. I am going to find some longer toothpicks so they can do kabobs with them. We had a fun lunch that day!

Daxie from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.


Dax relaxing on the pink bean bag....what a man!

Adra being Adra

Untitled from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.


Last night was Trunk or Treat at our church, where you trick or treat at peoples car's in the church parking lot, and lot of people decorate their cars too. Afterwards was a Halloween carnival, which really intimidated the girls, because there were a ton of kids, mostly bigger then them, all dressed up....I would be intimidated too at their age! But they did have fun, even though they were a little shy. Farrah colored a picture, played putt putt and did the bean bag toss. Adra was pretty much out of it the whole time....It didn't start until 7pm, and she has been going to bed at 7:30pm.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I haven't checked your blog in a bit and I was way behind. I love all the pics! You're so creative with your muffin tin meals and homemade play dough. Very impressive :)

I hope you all had a lovely Halloween day!

Janine said...

Wow! Super cute pictures and you look great Chels!

Kambayashi said...

From the video of the girls painting the pumpkins, they definitely have very opposite personalities. Wonder how Dax will be? Cute Halloween outfit...