Warning this is a VERY long post. I have been working on and off on it all day, and just realized how many pictures I have uploaded. The funny thing is that I felt like I hadn't taken enough pictures over the holidays....I guess I was wrong. Over the holidays we went down to Indiana to celebrate Christmas with Joshua's family. We had a blast. On our Christmas eve we all opened our traditional pj's and then the siblings all exchanged gifts.
Here is Farrah showing off her new pj's
The sweet kids
Nona telling the Nativity story.
We got Kirby a dinasour tee shirt.....we made it.....it is pretty much the most awesome thing ever!
DJ got a dinasour tee too....and a poop tower hat that I made for him......ask DJ.
Sammy got me a New Moon game....which we played and was amazingly fun (especially at like 2 in the morning!)
Molly and DJ took beautiful Christmas pictures.
Nona got the game "Would you Rather" and here is a picture of her Challenge....she had to identify some nasty smelling items (including a dirty diaper!). It was pretty funny......she was disgusted by the smell of Mayo.
The boys, Dax and Sammy
Here we are......embrace our awesomeness.
Adra was often found with candy in her mouth throughout the visit.
Seriously people.....isn't he just the most beautiful thing!
Now we are back home we had a lot of family visiting....like everyone!!!!
Here is Adra holding Lucy. Whenever my girls saw this baby they NEEDED to hold her and kiss her....they probably drove Liana crazy! "Can I hold your baby"
I made some "snowman" playdough found here. I got some little buttons and other things to make snowmen
These two had a lot of fun....Adra came and went, she wasn't too into it.
Here is Farrah's finished snowman.....pretty cute right?
The girls then had a dance party!
dancing girls from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.
Here are the girls in "their house" aka my mom's sun room.
Yummy cupcakes that Maribeth made
One night we went to this lights display place. The lights were amazing....but it was freezing and muddy, and the kids were cranky....it was a quick trip but I got a few pictures.
Poor Dax was miserable! It was really really really cold!
Dax, what a cutie!
OUR CHRISTMAS MORNING
So I was so excited, I woke up at like 6am, and of course no one else was awake. Eventually Dax woke up, so I gave him a bath to pass the time!
dax bath from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.
Farrah opening presents
Now to my parents house for Christmas #3
The kids of the house (below)
So I got David a hat....well part of a hat. I still need to finish making it....but it will be sent to him upon completion. David of course also got a dinosaur tee......be jealous!
Farrah was so happy when she opened the present from Uncle Davey and it was another polly pocket!
Dax and Grandpa in their matching hats
Dax was exhausted from all the excitement!
Christmas dinner....the girls with the twins, Gage and Reid.
I made the desserts which included a yule log (it was the first time I made one and it was delicious!), an apple pie, a pecan pie and three pumpkin pies.
the girls sporting their new robes that Grandma got them.
(Below)Random craft. I told Joshua that after Christmas I was going to shop for some more Christmas decorations, because the few that we have do not fill up our new house. So I went to target (twice) with Suzanne, and they had a TON of Christmas stuff all 75% off....I was in heaven! I bought a ton of stuff, and now I just have to wait a year until I can decorate with it. I wish I would have taken a picture of everything, because it was a ton! I bought a tree for the girls room and one for Dax's room with a pink tree skirt for the girls and a blue one for Dax.
These ornaments were $1.25 per sleeve, and I used them to make....
this wreath....I added a bow at the top to hide the hanger....I just LOVE it!
K, back to family pictures. Grandma and Dax
Joel, Brittany and Dax
Reid
Sweet Dax
One of my presents from my mom was Adobe Photoshop....which I really wanted, but when I loaded it, I was surprised by how much it did....and I had no idea how to do anything.......I figured I would learn as I went. There is this neat application you can use to swap faces...and that is what I did for the below picture. Lucy and Danica were perfect in this picture, but Dax was looking at Lucy, so I found a picture of the three of them that was good of Dax and added his face in the below picture.....can you tell? I was surprised how easy this was to do, and I think it looks great!

We had our annual Fondue night for New Years Eve, this was the only picture I took of the event. Adra enjoying some chocolate fondue. Of course as usual the dinner was amazing and so fun....I look forward to it all year long!
Mommy and Daxie
Danica and Dax were due two days apart, but Dax is almost a month older then Danica....I went early and Janine went late.
They had fun playing together....or trying to eat each other!
New Years Day brunch.
Liana and Lucy
Me and the twins
Here are the great grand children (except I think Ava is hiding behind a chair)
Here are the grand kids (and spouses) (minus Maribeth and Scott)
The real grown ups.
We had a great holiday, the only problem is how fast it went by! We are getting back into the groove of normal life. I am catching up on the mounds of laundry that have been piling up the last couple of weeks. The girls and I have been crafty and playing, and Dax has just been being awesome as usual. We are so happy we got to spend the Holiday's with all the people we love so much....it was a blast!
I will leave you with a video of Dax jumping.....that boy loves to jump!
Dax Bouncing from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.



No comments:
Post a Comment