This has felt like a really lazy week. It has been super cold outside, so we have watched lots of movies, eaten lots of popcorn and drank lots of hot chocolate. We did do some crafts along the way too. We hadn't done very many crafty things over the holiday and Farrah missed it a lot. On Monday we did a lot of little games and crafts (that I hoped were going to stretch throughout the week). Every time we finished something Farrah wanted to do another!
We did a penguin counting game. I got the penguin sheet from here. Then I made an egg carton counter (which I have seen all over the place, and finally found the two minutes needed to make one).
Farrah would shake the egg carton and find the number that the bead landed on. We would then use her little cheat chart (below) that I made a long time ago. She would count the dots that corresponded with the number the bead was on. We then placed that many marshmallows on the penguin grid. I was afraid it was going to be too complicated because there were so many steps, but she did great, and loved it (especially when we were finished and she got to eat the marshmallows)
I printed off two party hats, found here, and cut out the matching shapes from a cereal box, the girls then matched the shapes on the hat. They then colored their party hats when they were done matching.
This was also "E" week, so I tried to do some different "E" activities. Below we are mixing different color paints to make gray, and then painted pieces to later make an elephant.
The finished product is pictured later in this post. We had to wait a day for the paint to dry.
My mom and I went shopping at Micheal's this week (with the kids of course), and I went a little crazy. They had all their christmas stuff on clearance.....i mean crazy deals, so I stocked up for next year.
Back to the elephants. The girls did a great job.
We have had lots of snow....this was after the first snowfall, with only a couple of inches.....we have a lot more now, but I haven't honestly had the energy to get them all suited up to go outside....it takes like 30 minutes just to get all those layers on. I am planning on taking them out on Saturday when I have Joshua's extra hands to help me.
We tried to make a snowman, but the snow was too fluffy, so we made snow angels instead.
We also brought some snow inside to do experiments.
I put some water and food coloring in little tubs and gave the girls each a dropper and we made lots of different colored snow.
Here is Farrah's finished elephant....which she did all by herself. She wanted to add some stripes to the elephants ears....isn't it cute!
I bought these heart shaped muffin tins at Target on sale the other day, and lunch is just so much more fun when placed in these. Today I used a cookie cutter and made snowmen sandwiches (not pictured), they love when they get a "fun" lunch.
We decorated the letter E, and I also had a bunch of cut out shapes that I drew the letter E (upper and lower case) on and then gave the girls each an envelope and let them stuff the cut out shapes in them. They loved this game (didn't get any pictures though).
Here are the girls getting all snuggled up to watch a movie after they played in the snow......hot chocolate in hand, popcorn popping in the microwave. They request this everyday now!
Farrah loves to get her picture taken....she posed like this, what a goof!. This is an Elmo game that I found here. Farrah loved it.
Another fun game that I got from here. We used our cheat chart to help us with the numbers.
Today we did an "E"gg hunt. The girls of course loved this. Inside the eggs I put animals that lay eggs, and then filled the rest with my paper shapes that I wrote the letter E on earlier in the week.
Dax went to the doctor this week:
He weighs 14lbs 6 ounces (3-10%) and is 26 inches long (25-50%).
If we sit him up he can stay for about thirty seconds, then he topples over. He is on the verge of crawling. He scouts all over the place, and can get up on all fours (in the crawl position).
Dax crawls? from Chelsea Childress on Vimeo.
Some cute things the kids have been doing or saying (the few I can remember anyway)
Adra calls her chin a "chinny chin".
Adra loves to sing, her favorite songs are "All the single ladies," and any "Mamma Mia " song....Farrrah has been singing songs from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat".
Farrah told me one morning "I can love on Dax, and Adra, and you, and Daddy all day, but I only pretend to give kisses to Jesus"
Farrah refused to go to bed one night, so she stayed up with Joshua and I and watched TV we are about to turn off the TV and take her to bed (and go to bed ourselves) when Jay Leno comes on, and Farrah looks at the TV and then looks at daddy and says, "Daddy, that is not Dr. Phill." BUSTED....Joshua just looked at me and laughed. Pretty smart little girl!



2 comments:
Chelsea, u are such a great mom. U have so much patience and energy. Your art and craft projects with the kids always inspire me to do more. thx for sharing the ideas. I am sure Josh is so proud of u too.
I'm so impressed with all your cute stuff! I'm totally going to steal some ideas from you.
Post a Comment