Here is our weekly review
These next two crafts I found here. This one uses that snowman play dough I made awhile ago, which is amazing by the way....you must make some! The recipe is here. Anyways, you put little balls on a tray and then put colored toothpicks (I colored regular toothpicks) and then give them some beads to sort. Adra struggled with this to begin with, but kept trying and did great! Farrah loved this activity! I will probably do it again next week!
After Farrah used the bigger beads (shown below) she asked to have some smaller ones! She did great with those too.
Here is a quick craft. Just glue a snowflake shape on a piece of paper, and give the kids some fun little things to glue on it. Voila, they loved it!
This is a craft that Farrah got for Christmas. You put the beads on the tray and then when it is all done, you iron it. Farrah sat there and made two whole turtles and then two turtle heads (after she finished each one we would take it up stairs to iron it, and then she would come back down and work on the next one. This activity took a lot of patience, but she loved doing it, and probably worked on it for over an hour!
Here is one of the finished snowflakes!
Mom got a dog! Her name is Bailey, and accourding to Adra she is "HER BAILEY!". The girls (especially Adra), just adore this little puppy, and I do to! Amazingly Joshua even pets her! She is a goldendoodle.....golden retriever and poodle mix. She feels like a stuffed animal, so soft!
Dax and Bailey with their chew toys
Another craft. I saw an idea here and just changed it a little. I put different lengths of tape and let the girls tape them however they wanted on a piece of paper. Then they got to sponge paint the picture.
The hardest part for them was pulling the tape off....it required good finger dexterity and a lot of patience! But they did it without getting frustrated....I was happy.
Adra then decided to paint her face, as she usually does!
I think their favorite part of painting with the sponges, is getting to clean them!
I found this recipe here for snowman clay, and honestly it didn't turn out that great at all. I must have messed up the recipe somehow, but the clay was too squishy and wouldn't form well. The girls had fun decorating it anyways, and I left them out to dry, but know they are shriveled up and turning more of a brown color....not keepers!
It was kind of a slow week, and we didn't do too many crafty things, but we had a fun week. We had a day we played in the snow at Grandma's house....posted below. Last night we went with my parents to a boat show. We had a lot of fun looking at all kinds of different boats, and the girls loved pretending like they were driving them.
Cute things the kids have said
Farrah is now a "sunbeam" at our church, so she gets to do opening exercises with the big kids (I am in the primary presidency, so I get the pleasure of not only teaching all the kids, but know I have Farrah in there too!) Anyways each week one of the kids gives a talk, and another gives a scripture. After church last week while I was cleaning up the room Farrah went up to the podium, and said right in the microphone, "I love Heavenly Father". It was so sweet, she gave her own little talk! - Farrah
Adra has a temper, and has quite a few tantrums throughout the day, usually consisting of telling me "NO!" The funny thing is that all of a sudden in the middle of being mad, she switches back over to sweet Adra. This week after yelling at me and slamming the door in anger, she came out and patted me on the back as she walked by me and said, "sorry momma", and then went in her room to play with Farrah, as sweet as she can be - Adra, that funny girl
When leaving Grandma's house one day, Farrah said, "But Grandma doesn't have any kids, I think she needs kids here." - Farrah
We have a child lock on Dax's door for obvious reasons, and Adra doesn't like it, one morning this week she was crying outside of his door saying, "I want my baby, I want my baby!" - Adra
This week has been a PJ week, we have been extra lazy (seems to be a theme around here!). One day when we actually did get dressed Farrah said "this is a hard day", while putting on her socks. I asked her why it was a hard day, and she said, "because we have to get dressed". What a rough life this little one has! HA -Farrah
My dad just reminded me last night of this funny thing Adra said. Did I mention Adra has a little temper. Well this child loves candy, and mom had real candy canes on her tree, big mistake. One day over the holidays Grandpa was down stairs with Adra while she got a candy cane off a tree. He took it away from her and told her she couldn't eat the candy canes. She yelled at him "NO, Don't talk to me" (I am guessing this, because that is her favorite thing to say along with "Don't look at me", when she is getting into trouble. After several tries, Adra tried a new tactic, she grabbed a candy cane, looked at Grandpa and smiled and said, "Thank you Grandpa, this makes me so happy!", smart little girl! -Adra
We also had our 6 year anniversary this week! I can't believe it has been six years already. I love Joshua so much, and am so thankful for him every single day. With three little kids, life can be crazy sometimes, but I know that I can always depend on him. Above is our first picture together, the night that he got home from his mission. We were just about inseparable from the time he came home. We were engaged less then two month after he got home, and then were married a little over two weeks after that. Pretty crazy, I know, but all I knew at the time is that I loved him so much, and I still do. We are very lucky to have each other.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Week in Review
Posted by
Childress Family
at
4:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm behind on blogs! I just have to say how much I love that you let the kids get all messy and painted and gooey.
Post a Comment