Monday, July 20, 2009

Steele Camping Trip

Friday morning Joshua, the kids, and I headed off to Lake Malone for the first annual Steele family reunion camping trip.

The girls couldn't wait to see their cousins! Here they are getting into Granny and Grandad's food!

Charlie and Adra swinging in the hammock


All of the "Steele" great-grand kids (minus Dax and Adyson)

We had a great taco dinner and then it was Smores time!
Roasting smores. Doesn't Molly look excited. HA

Let's see how messy I can make this! Farrah on the other hand does not like getting sticky at all.

Really messy. Kirby is holding Adra trying not to get covered in the marshmallow mess.
When it got dark we all sat around the campfire telling stories, some of which were scary stories....not my favorite kind! The girls feel asleep while we sat around the fire.

Saturday morning. The girls woke up at 6am central time....which is good (7am our time)....Joshua and I were very impressed. Adra is peaking at Nona.

Farrah woke up and happily said, "My had a good night sleep". She then thanked Joshua for making her bed for her. What a sweetie!
Dax and I slept on the air mattress, and Joshua slept next to us on the floor. Joshua and I thought it would be safer for Dax if all three of us didn't sleep on the air mattress (which is a double).

Saturday morning Joshua got to go wake boarding on Adam and Jaclyn's boat. That was his first time going on the boat this year! He had a blast.
We had a great breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, and sausage gravy...yum!
Adra's first and LAST (just kidding) Jone's soda. Thanks for sharing uncle BC

The girls playing washers, after they interrupted Joshua and Clyde's game.
The girls taking turns drinking out of the Gatorade cap.
I need to thank Adam, Charlie, Noah, Molly and Kirby for taking such good care of our kids, and helping us keep an eye on them....they had a blast!
We left camp at around 2pm Saturday and headed to Greenville.
Sunday morning
Dax is ready for his church debut.
Beautiful girls

My three little angels!

Before Dax's first day at church. We went to Greenville ward, and Kirby gave a talk and Molly sang "His Hands" while Kirby played the piano.

Childress Family picture

We had a great weekend, but I was also excited to go home to check on the progress of our house!
This is how are house looked Thursday evening, and when we came back Sunday night....

our house looked like this!

2 comments:

mb said...

That picture of you and Dax sleeping is adorable. Seriously. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love how Dax looks like he's saying "Howdy!" in the picture of him in his church clothes. And the girls continue to be adorable!