Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July and trip to the Zoo

July 2nd my parents decided to take the girls to the zoo! I had a nice day at home with Dax. The girls had so much fun, and I loved looking at all the pictures they took.

Tired already


Yes, that is Adra with a REAL snake around her neck......she insisted on holding it!

Adra wanted to touch and feed all the animals.....Farrah was a little more cautious




Fearless girls

Farrah's favorite part of the zoo was the carousel ride, which was the last thing they did.
July 3rd was my mom's birthday. Joshua's family came up for the weekend, so we all got to celebrate it together. I made my mom a gardening apron, and dad got mom a salt water aquarium. We went out last night and got some starter fish for it....it is so beautiful!

I love this picture below....this is how Adra is all the time around her brother. She loves him so much that she cannot (is not allowed to!) hug and kiss and squeeze him as much as she wants to.

This picture of Dax (below) is so adorable....is accentuates his adorable "floppy" ears!

We celebrated 4th of July at my parents (with Joshua's family). On the 3rd we went to the City of Lebanon 4th of July event. They had a petting zoo and a bouncy slide. Unfortunately it was a last minute decision to go and no one brought their camera's! The girls had a lot of fun petting all the animals. We met up with the Allen's and Farrah and Adra had fun going down the bouncy slide (it was huge!) with all the Allen kids. We didn't stay for the fireworks, the girls were tired and Farrah is not fond of loud noises. We had a big cookout on the fourth, and unfortunately it rained the whole day. The girls had fun playing with all the Allen kids.


Family picture - this was the best we could do



Farrah loves to get her picture taken with her baby brother

3 comments:

Gramma and GG said...

Chelsea thank you so much for putting on the pics...that snake freaks me out, what a picture....who does Dax look like? I can't tell yet...pics of the girls are adorable as usual...they are getting so big..nice pic of your Mom too....Love & Miss you all.....Gramma & GG

Kambayashi said...

Chelsea, now I know where u got all your good photo skills. Your parent's photos from the zoo was GREAT. Really nice.

Seeing Dax's photos on your blog, those upclose one, is still kind of strange. I'm so used to seeing the GIRLS, suddenly turn into a boy....haha. Dax has a very cute face. Hope u all are doing well, getting enough rest and help. Take care.

Sabrina

Janine said...

ARGH. I am soo jealous of your little two-week-old! This baby doesn't ever want to leave me. Anyhow, what cute pics! I am totally nervous about handling three...I know I just need to move close, but what can you do?

I love Adra's sense of adventure. The snake pic is great!