Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Picnic and the letter "A"

Last week for Family Home Evening I taught a lesson about Kindness....something that the girls often struggle with. We made these jars (below) and everytime the girls are kind to someone or do something kind or helpful they get a happy stone, and when they do something unkind they get an ugly stone. Honestly Adra couldn't care less if she gets an ugly stone or a kind stone, but Farrah is really into it. She HATES getting an ungly stone, and gets really excited and happy when she earns a kind stone.

Here is a picture of mom's new aquarium (which is one of the "A" words that Farrah learned about today -see below).

Adra being a cutie as usual!

I took Dax to the doctor this morning because of his goopy eye. As suspected it is a blocked tear duct and there is nothing we can do about it, except wipe it off and massage the corners of his eyes. I had the nurse weigh him, because I was curious, and he weighed 8 lbs 10 ounces fully clothed. That is how much Farrah weighed when she was born! He is doing great, and is such a good, healthy, happy, baby!
Today we had a picnic on the back deck. Because Adra is always covered in bug bites, we decided to lay the blanket on the deck instead of the grass. Dax joined us in his bouncy seat.





After the picnic Adra took a nap, so I decided that I would have a little "lesson" with Farrah. I have been meaning to start teaching her to write and recognize the letters of the alphabet. She can sing the ABC song, so I figured she was old enough to start slowly learning the different letters. We started with letter "A". We made an "A" book, she colored a bunch of pictures of things that start with the letter "A" and then we cut them out and glued them in her book. Then she started practicing writing the letter "A". She did great, and only got frustrated a couple times. After the lesson we had an Apple for a snack. I hope I can keep it up, but things are very busy here, so we will see. We will work on "A" for a week or two and then move on to "B".



Farrah's first letter "A" - I think she did an excellent job!



Tried to upload a video....but it didn't work....sorry!

No comments: